The post Rising Star Yair Rodriguez Cut From UFC Roster appeared first on Caged Insider.

Hey, remember that ultra-hot rising star fighter named Yair Rodriguez? The one who got promoted like crazy, headlined two UFC Fight Night events, won six in a row in the Octagon, and lost his last fight against Frankie Edgar?

Yeah, he’s been cut from the UFC roster.

Apparently, he was offered a fight against Zabit Magomedsharipov at UFC 227, but turned it down. So the UFC told him to hit the road.

As per the LA Times:

Mexico’s Yair Rodriguez, who balked at accepting an Aug. 4 UFC 227 fight against Russia’s Zabit Magomedsharipov, has been cut from the organization, UFC President Dana White told the Los Angeles Times Thursday night.

Rodriguez (11-2), the UFC’s No. 11-ranked featherweight, hasn’t fought since a humbling second-round technical-knockout (doctor’s stoppage) loss to former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar on May 13, 2017.

White chafed that Rodriguez previously turned down an offer to fight No. 7-ranked Ricardo Lamas before tweeting that a Times report based on information from White that he was to fight Magomedsharipov (15-1) was “#FakeNews.”

“The guy’s off a year, rejects a fight with Lamas and then doesn’t want to fight a guy below him in the rankings?” White asked Thursday night. “He can go somewhere else. We have no use for him.

“He calls that fight fake news. This is real news.”

There are, of course, two sides to every negotiation. And while we have yet to hear what Rodriguez has to say, another UFC fighter tweeted some insight.