Erik Perez, who previously fought for the UFC, will headline the upcoming “Combate Estrellas II” event hosted by Combate Americas.

Perez will face D.J. Fuentes in a Mexico vs. U.S. showdown on April 20 from the Gimnasio Nuevo Leon in Monterrey, Mexico.

The two met back in 2010, with Fuentes scoring a third round submission victory.

“We are excited to bring Combate Americas to Monterrey, one of the world’s great fight cities, for the first time ever, and to bring one of its most decorated athletes – Erik “Goyito” Perez – home to his fans,” said Combate Americas CEO Campbell McLaren.

Below is a complete press release:

Combate Americas today announced “Combate Estrellas II,” the second installment of a two-part, live television event series featuring a lineup of the premier Hispanic Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) sports franchise’s top estrellas, or “stars,” that will take place at Gimnasio Nuevo Leon in Monterrey, Mexico, on Friday, April 20.

“Combate Estrellas II” will be headlined by a bantamweight (135 pounds) showdown featuring the homecoming of Monterrey native and world-ranked superstar, Erik “Goyito” Perez (17-6), making his much-anticipated Combate Americas promotional debut in a rematch against U.S. battler and old rival David “D.J.” Fuentes (13-10).

Fuentes, who fights out of McAllen, Texas, defeated Perez by way of third round (3:01) submission (armlock) when the two met on May 28, 2010.

“We are excited to bring Combate Americas to Monterrey, one of the world’s great fight cities, for the first time ever, and to bring one of its most decorated athletes – Erik “Goyito” Perez – home to his fans,” said Combate Americas CEO Campbell McLaren.

In the bantamweight co-main event, Levy Saul “El Negro” Marroquin (11-2) of Monterrey will return to action on the heels of his historic and memorable victory of the inaugural “COPA COMBATE” one-night, eight-man, $100,000 grand prize tournament last November 11, to square off with rival, fast-rising star Alejandro “Gallito” Flores (11-1), also of Monterrey.

Marroquin became an overnight Cinderella story in Cancun when he defeated three consecutive opponents – Carlos “Lobo” Rivera (10-3) of Mexico, Marcelo “Pitbull” Rojo (13-5) of Argentina and John “Sexi Mexi” Castaneda (16-3) of the U.S. – to become the 2017 “COPA COMBATE” tournament champion.

Leading off the three-bout live televised main card, the programming information for which will be announced soon, will be a women’s strawweight (115 pounds) matchup between undefeated Melissa “Super Mely” Martinez (3-0) of Mexico City, Mexico, and Francis Hernandez (2-2) of Camuy, Puerto Rico.

Ticket on-sale information as well as the complete preliminary bout card for “Combate Estrellas II” will be announced soon.