twitter google

Wanderlei Silva Claims To Be Finished Fighting, “My Career Is Over”

wanderlei silva

Wanderlei Silva is still signed to a contract with the UFC.

However, “The Axe Murderer” is also still expected to appear before the Nevada Athletic Commission and could be given a suspension for his failure to take a drug test earlier this year.

While things continue to play out in the courtroom, Silva released a 13-minute video message Friday detailing what he wants to do.

“For me, to be a fighter has been an incredible experience,” he said.

Silva went into detail discussing how he has had to fight through injuries that have left him with permanent scares, and now, allegations that have done the same.

“I come here with a very heavy heart. Today is a very sad day for me,” he said. “Unfortunately, this organization took away my desire to fight. I can’t dot his anymore, I can’t keep being treated this way. And with a heavy heart I come here today to declare: I am stepping down from the ring.

“After today, Wanderlei Silva will not fight again. My career is over.”