UFC Fight Night 38 has a new fight as newly signed Israeli fighter Noad Lahat takes on Godofredo “Pepey” Castro in a featherweight bout. UFC officials announced the fight earlie this weekend.
The bout’s placement on the fight card has yet to be decided but it is likely it will air on the card’s preliminary lineup.
“Pepey” has struggled since making it to the finals of TUF: Brazil 1’s featherweight tournament before losing to Rony “Jason” Bezerra at UFC 147. Castro has gone a paltry 1-2 since losing in the finals and will likely face a release if he loses in Brazil.
Noad Lahat is only the second Israeli fighter to sign with the UFC since the promotion’s founding over twenty years ago. Lahat has won all seven of his MMA bouts with his only decision coming in his last fight at BAMMA 10. The AKA fighter will look to make it eight in a row when he faces “Pepey” in Ginasio Nelio Dias, Natal, Brazil.
UFC Fight Night 38 takes place March 23 and will be headlined by a light heavyweight rematch between Dan Henderson and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua with the main card likely airing on FOX Sports 1 and the prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
UFC Fight Night 38 Lineup:
- Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua
- C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira
- Norman Parke vs. Leonardo Santos
- Fabio Maldonado vs. Gian Villante
- Rony Jason vs. Steven Siler
- Mairbek Taisumov vs. Gleison Tibau
- Ronny Markes vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos
- Jussier “Formiga” da Silva vs. Scott Jorgensen
- Thiago Perpetuo vs. Kenny Robertson
- Diego Brandao vs. Will Chope
- Noad Lahat vs. Godofredo Pepey