twitter google

Robbie Lawler Expected Nothing Short Of War Vs. Carlos Condit

ufc 195

Robbie Lawler knows he has a target on his back.

Saturday night at UFC 195, “Ruthless” fought like the hunted champion that he is, scoring a split decision over Carlos Condit.

Despite taking nearly 200 shots from the former interim champion, Lawler continued to mount incredible comebacks and flurries.

“He is a hell of a fighter and comes from one of the best camps in the world,” Lawler said. “He had a great game plan and we battled it out. There were two winners (Saturday night).

“But….and still! Let’s do it again.”

After earning a victory over Rory MacDonald last year in what many believed was the “Fight of the Year,” Lawler and Condit put forth a similar war. The fifth round between the two left them both arms draped and exhausted over the Octagon fence.

“Carlos is so tough,” Lawler said. “Hat’s off to a champion like Carlos Condit. He was everything everyone said he was.”

For Lawler, the storybook journey continues. After being written off, he’s now earned wins over the likes of Johny Hendricks, MacDonald and Condit.