twitter google

Rampage Jackson Back With UFC But Under Interesting Circumstances


Former light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson made it known on social media in the past few weeks that he was not happy with being tied to the Bellator MMA roster.

During Saturday night’s UFC Fight Night 58 event, it was announced that Jackson had resigned with the UFC. The fighter appeared via a previously-taped recording and delivered the following message:

“I just want to come back and come to the big show,” he said. “‘Rampage’ always comes to excite the fans. I just want to give them exciting fights.”

Jackson (35-11) went 7-5 during his previous run with the promotion, including three straight losses before his contract expired. Upon heading to Bellator, he won three in a row, highlighted by a decision victory over Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal.

The UFC issued a release that said Jackson had terminated his contract with Bellator, but Scott Coker made it known that his promotion was planning to protest the move.

“Let us be clear that Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson is under an exclusive contract with Bellator,” Coker posted. “We will protect our contractual right.”

UFC and Bellator officials have traded verbal jabs in the past regarding contracts, including a deal to get Eddie Alvarez into the Octagon. Alvarez took his fight to court before eventually returning to Bellator. However, he is now with the UFC.

Jackson appeared on FOX Sports 1 and discussed his new deal and returning to the UFC: