Despite getting a new opponent, and dealing with a torn MCL, Luke Rockhold is nothing short of 100-percent confident heading into Saturday night and UFC 199.
Rockhold will defend his middleweight title against Michael Bisping from The Forum in Los Angeles after an injury sidelined Chris Weidman.
Having already trained and fought Bisping, Rockhold told “UFC Tonight” recently that nothing changed ahead of this weekend for him.
“Not a bit. I don’t change my game,” he said. “I’m the most well rounded guy in this game. I don’t focus on what they’re doing. I focus on what I’m doing. He’s still an orthodox guy, more tactical. He’ll try to close the distance. I’m a counter striker. When he pushes in I’m going to make him pay. I’m going to find my openings and finish it.”
Rockhold, a former Strikeforce champion, finished off Weidman last year to win the belt. He has picked up five consecutive wins and holds a 15-2 overall mark.
Two years ago, the 31-year-old stopped Bisping with a second round guillotine choke on his way to claiming a title shot. “The Count” is coming off a win over former champion Anderson Silva, but Rockhold isn’t truly convinced he has gotten better.
“He can talk himself up anyway he wants. Weidman doesn’t have a chance and he doesn’t have a chance. None of these guys have a chance. I’m going to find my mark,” he said. “Bisping stays true to who he is. He always fights to the best of his ability. Bisping was dominating. This is a completely different fight. Anderson Silva isn’t on my level. He never was. Bisping doesn’t know the jump I’ve made. I’ve learned more. I’ve gained more. He’s the same man.”