GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Wants Anderson Silva Bout
By Dana Becker | December 06, 2012
Source: MMAFightingFiras Zahabi has talked with UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre about facing Anderson Silva in a super-fight with the UFC middleweight champion. And, according to Zahabi, GSP wants the bout to happen.
"He told me yes (to facing Silva)," said Zahabi, in an interview with MMAFighting.com. "But I think there's a lot to be negotiated. I don't know much more than that."
Both sides appear to want the fight to happen at different weights, with St-Pierre's team pushing for it to take place closer to welterweight than Silva's team seems to want.
Zahabi also stated that he gets asked about Nick Diaz facing GSP when he's in Canada, but that the subject quickly shifts to Silva when he enters the U.S., adding, "I don't know why. I can't explain it."
Like FightLine.com on Facebook by clicking the "Like" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...