Georges St-Pierre: Anderson Silva Talk Was Disrespectful
By Joseph Lisnow | November 19, 2012
"I think what pissed me off a little bit was that I hadn't even come back yet," said St-Pierre post-fight. "I was fighting Carlos Condit and everybody was asking me about Anderson Silva. I think it was disrespectful to me and disrespectful to my opponent."
St-Pierre needed the full five rounds to win in the unification fight. Condit had won the interim title earlier in the year after it was revealed that St-Pierre had suffered an ACL injury, which would keep him out of action for over 18 months.
Since St-Pierre's hiatus, the welterweight division has seen an increase in potential names with the likes of Johny Hendricks (14-1), Martin Kampmann (20-6) and Nick Diaz (26-8-1 NC).
"I think you should give more credit to the challengers I have," said St-Pierre. "They are the best in the world, and I need to focus on my opponent and not focus on the next step."
Dana White has publicly stated that he would like for St-Pierre vs. Silva to happen in May of 2013. Silva has spoken about wanting the fight at some point in 2013, while St-Pierre remains uncertain about what's next.
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...