Walel Watson Vows To Fight His Way Back Into The UFC
By Joseph Lisnow | November 16, 2012
Source: MMA WeeklyWalel Watson (9-5) started off his UFC career flawlessly, needing only 77 seconds to take home a TKO win. Since then, his last three fights have ended with him on the losing end. After his previous loss at UFC 152, Watson was released from the promotion. Despite being released, Watson remains optimistic about his future.
"Right away I called my coach and I was like book me for a fight," said Watson to MMA Weekly. "I've got to show them that I'm serious and that I belong there. I don't let that discourage me at all. I just keep moving forward, keep trucking on the road."
The three losses which led to Watson's release came at the hands of Yves Jabouin (18-8), T.J. Dillashaw (6-1) and Mitch Gagnon (9-2). Watson suffered two losses via decision and a third by way of submission.
The bantamweight returns to action later this weekend as he looks to secure his first win since 2011. Watson knows that one win won't place him back on the UFC roster, so he is ready to prove himself as he believes he'll be back.
"By the time I come back I'm going to be an even better Walel Watson, an unbeatable Walel Watson," said Watson. "I'm still raw in the game, I'm still learning a lot of things, and by the time I get back I'm going to be fundamentally sound and ready to come back."
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...