Dan Henderson Disappointed In Jon Jones-Chael Sonnen Fight
By Dana Becker | October 17, 2012
Plans are for the two to face off in April, leaving Henderson out of the title-fight loop for now. "Hendo" was expected to meet Jones last month, but a training injury knocked him out.
Sonnen will now be the next challenger to Jones, and Henderson is left in the dark. Rumors of a potential Henderson-Lyoto Machida match seem to be more and more likely now.
While Henderson and Sonnen have a relationship, that didn't stop the former Strikeforce champion from discussing his disappointment on Twitter recently.
"I guess I should just quit training to win fights and to be exciting for the fans and just go to shit talking school," Henderson posted, adding UFC president Dana White's Twitter handle at the end.
Sonnen offered to step in and face Jones after the injury to Henderson, and continued to barrage the champion with verbal assaults. It appears that Sonnen's war of words - and his excellent drawing power - have pushed him to the forefront of the UFC's light heavyweight division despite having not fought there since entering the Octagon.
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...