Anderson Silva's 'Focus' Is On GSP Super-Fight
By Dana Becker | October 10, 2012
Source: MMAFightingUFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has been very outspoken in regards to a potential fight with fellow UFC champion Georges St-Pierre. While some - UFC president Dana White included - feel as though both fighters need to get past their next scheduled foes, it seems like "The Spider" is intent on facing GSP sooner rather than later.
Silva will meet Stephan Bonnar this weekend at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar at light heavyweight, while GSP is set to unify the UFC welterweight title with Carlos Condit next month at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit.
Following open workouts in Brazil on Wednesday, Silva was asked by MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani if St-Pierre was who he wanted to face next.
"Yeah, this is my focus," Silva responded.
Silva confirmed St-Pierre was the "focus" answer. He gave a "No," followed by a "Maybe, I don't know" pair of answers when questioned about defending the middleweight title again.
In past interviews, Silva has stated his desire to remain at middleweight and continue to defend the title he has held for several years. St-Pierre, meanwhile, has not allowed talk of a Silva bout to come between him and Condit.
Like FightLine.com on Facebook by clicking the "Like" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...