Josh Barnett Wants To Fight In 2013
By Joseph Lisnow | August 20, 2012
Source: MMA InterviewsJosh Barnett (31-6) is anxious for another fight, so he can avenge his loss earlier this year.
With one fight left on his Strikeforce contract Barnett isn't certain that his next fight will happen under that company's name, but feels it is likely.
"I just want it," said Barnett. "I don't care where it happens, but I would absolutely assume it would be in Strikeforce."
Barnett looks to fight before the end of 2012 and knows there are plenty of potential candidates out there.
"I want to fight before the end of the year," said Barnett. "There's always someone who needs an a** beating."
Barnett's five year winning streak was snapped in May when Daniel Cormier (10-0) defeated him at the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Final.
Sully Sullivan contributed to this article.
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Ken Shamrock: UFC Groomed Brock Lesnar In The W...
- Jon Jones, Alexander Gustafsson Engage In Twitt...
- Jon Jones Touring Russia, Meets Up With Fedor E...
- Roy Nelson: Vitor Belfort Should Never Get A Ne...
- UFC 160: Velasquez Vs. Bigfoot 2 Weigh-Ins At 7...
- UFC 160: Velasquez Vs. Bigfoot 2 Weigh-In Results
- Alexander Gustafsson To Jon Jones: I Saw (Fear)...
- Countdown To UFC 160: Velasquez Vs. Silva
- Wanderlei Silva Says Chael Sonnen "Is A Joke"
- Luke Rockhold Talks Upcoming Bout With Vitor Be...
- Akira Corassani Wants Conor McGregor At UFC On ...
- Jon Jones Talks Victory Over Chael Sonnen
- Dana White's UFC 159 Vlog Day 2
- Chael Sonnen Has Final Words For Jon Jones