Nick Diaz Willing To Move Up To 185 To Face Anderson Silva, Says Cesar Gracie
By Dana Becker | July 27, 2012
Currently, Diaz is serving a year-long suspension that runs until next February. Gracie said that they are in the process of another appeal, with hopes of having Diaz fighting by the end of the year.
Below is a complete copy of the post by Gracie:
It's been a trying time these last 4 months as I have been faced with the prospect that one of our team's most talented fighters had decided to leave the sport. As a fan I've always admired what both of the Diaz's brought to the cage; a combination of technical brilliance and raw violence.
Nate Diaz has finally put his game together and found the formula to propel him to the top of the 155lbs division. To see Nick leave at the top of his game was difficult.
For the last couple of months I've watched Nick begin to frequent the gym more and more. He's training harder now than he has for many of his fights. It was obvious that training and fighting is in his DNA. It is who he is.
This week we had a great talk and he made it clear to me that he is ready to get back to the cage. Nick Diaz will return.
To address the NSAC suspension, I will say that we have appealed to the courts and if things go our way, it will be plausible that Nick could return as early as sometime at the end of this year.
For too long NSAC bureaucrats have acted with malicious incompetence towards the fighters. We will challenge them in court.
As far as future opponents, Nick has stated that he would like to take fights "that matter". Since GSP will be fighting Condit, he has to look elsewhere. He will respectfully ask for a fight with Anderson Silva, a fighter he respects and would like to challenge.
Silva's camp has been speaking of a fight with GSP, possibly even at a catch weight. Nick will take that fight in a minute but has told me that should Silva decide not to drop at all, he will move up to 185lbs to face the Champ.
I will be meeting with Dana next Monday August 6th to discuss this and other issues. If you appreciate Nick's fighting style, please let Dana know that you want Nick back ASAP.
Thank you and best regards,
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Ken Shamrock: UFC Groomed Brock Lesnar In The W...
- Chuck Liddell's Take On Potential Anderson Silv...
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Talk Of "Fix" In Vito...
- Matt Serra Ending His MMA Career, With One Poss...
- Jon Jones, Alexander Gustafsson Engage In Twitt...
- UFC 160 Predictions Offered Up By UFC Tonight H...
- John Cholish Posts Messages Concerning Pay From...
- Countdown To UFC 160: Velasquez Vs. Silva
- Wanderlei Silva Says Chael Sonnen "Is A Joke"
- Luke Rockhold Talks Upcoming Bout With Vitor Be...
- Akira Corassani Wants Conor McGregor At UFC On ...
- Jon Jones Talks Victory Over Chael Sonnen
- Dana White's UFC 159 Vlog Day 2
- Chael Sonnen Has Final Words For Jon Jones