Anderson Silva Wants To Fight Luke Rockhold Next
By Dana Becker | July 18, 2012
"One of Anderson Silva's managers said that one of the issues with Hector Lombard is he thinks he needs at least three more impressive wins in the UFC (before receiving a title shot)," UFC Tonight insider Ariel Helwani reported. "He said that 85-percent of UFC fans don't even know who Hector Lombard is, who is of course making his Octagon debut on Saturday night (at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao vs. Boetsch)."
It appears that Silva's team is maybe living a little of the high life after his recent match with Chael Sonnen. The fight was billed as the biggest rematch in MMA history, and generated a lot of talk and money for the sport and the fighters. The odds of being able to do that again, short of staging a champion vs. champion match, are probably slim-to-none.
The report did say again that Rockhold is tied to Strikeforce, so the match is probably a very long shot at happening in the near future.
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...