Dana White Regret: Not Booking Fedor Vs. Brock Lesnar
By Dana Becker | July 03, 2012
Source: MMAJunkieUFC president Dana White has turned the fight promotion that he leads into one of the biggest organizations in the world. Countless times, White has put together mega-fights that break records.
"Obviously, I would have loved to make that fight with (Fedor) and Brock at that point," said White, during a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com. "It would have been awesome."
While many believe White hates Fedor, the brash boss said that is not true, adding, "I have nothing against Fedor whatsoever. I don't hate the guy. It was always his management."
The UFC and Fedor's management team embarked on serious talks back in 2009. However, no deal was reached and Fedor went to Strikeforce. White was ready to offer Fedor a crack at Lesnar and the UFC heavyweight title in his first bout, but it wasn't enough.
Emelianenko went on to struggle in Strikeforce, and has since announced his retirement. Lesnar, meanwhile, has returned to pro wrestling and the WWE.
Like FightLine.com on Facebook by clicking the "Like" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...