Vinny Magalhaes Leaves M-1, Now A Free Agent
By Dana Becker | March 14, 2012
Source: MMAFightingVinny Magalhaes made a name for himself by advancing to the finals of The Ultimate Fighter before falling to Ryan Bader. Magalhaes, however, built his resume by dominating in M-1, earning the light heavyweight championship for the promotion.
Now, after his manager heard M-1's director of operations Evgeni Kogan openly rooting against Magalhaes in a bout with Mikhail Zayats, Magalhaes has allowed his contract to expire and is now a free agent.
"Once that happens, I don't know how you can trust somebody," said Magalhaes, in a recent interview with MMAFighting.com. "It's been hard to find motivation to be in the gym full-time. So hopefully, in the next few days, I'm going to have an opponent somewhere."
Magalhaes holds a record of 9-5-1, but has won seven of his last eight bouts since 2009. The 27-year-old is a multi-time winner of several Brazilian jiu-jitsu events, including a gold medal performance in the 2011 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships.
Like FightLine.com on Facebook by clicking the "Like" button below:
- Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald Heat Up Twitte...
- Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman Video From WSOF 3
- Randy Couture Bellator Announcement Leaked
- Paul Kelly Sentenced To 13 Years Behind Bars Fo...
- UFC 161 Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Seve...
- Stefan Struve Interested In Facing Antonio Roge...
- Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, Randy Couture...