Happy Friday, fight fans. We’ve got a number of cool stories to share with you on the roundup today, including a new fight announcement for Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza, the UFC 160 weigh-ins, and a meeting between two of the sport’s best all-time fighters. Plus, we have an exclusive with UFC welterweight James Head as he talks about his charity efforts to help Oklahoma tornado victims, and Dana White answers the Underground Forum’s pull-up challenge. It’s a full block of news so let’s jump straight in:
• The next fight for “Jacare” will be against Yushin “Thunder” Okami, targeted for an unknown future event. After his dominating win over Chris Camozzi, I have to think that Jacare will be in the hunt for a title shot if he can get past Okami.
• UFC 160 weigh-ins will be streamed live on Fighters.com, starting at 7PM EST.
• UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones is in Russia and has been hanging out with the legendary Fedor Emelianenko. Fans often debate what the outcome would be in a fight between the two greats, and although Jones is a great champion, my money would be on “the Last Emperor”. People forget just how amazing Fedor was back in the Pride days.
• In an awesome move of charity, Head says he will be donating his entire purse from his next fight to help disaster relief in Oklahoma. Click through to see how you can help.by purchasing a “Pray4OK” T-shirt.
• White responds to the UG’s skepticism about his pull-up skills and puts forth a respectable effort. There’s a reason why one of the UFC President’s nicknames is “BLAF” (Built Like A Fighter).