Welcome to the Wednesday edition of the roundup. A lot has gone on in the MMA world over the last 24 hours, including Josh Barnett signing with the UFC, a new main event for UFC 161, and Gegard Mousasi talks about his next career move. We’ve also got a new Dana White vlog and a link to the new EA UFC video game teaser that was revealed yesterday by Microsoft.
• Barnett has indeed been confirmed as a new addition to the UFC roster, having just signed with the promotion. “The Warmaster” has been a top heavyweight for over a decade and will no doubt be looking to shake things up in the division.
• Renan Barao is officially off UFC 161, making Dan Henderson vs Rashad Evans the new main event. Both Henderson and Evans were somewhat lackluster in their last performances but when you’ve got two of the top light-heavyweights in the world set to throw down, it’s hard to be too pessimistic.
• Mousasi says he’s interested in returning to middleweight and has mentioned Vitor Belfort as a possible next opponent. Mousasi competed at 185 pounds for much of his early career, last fighting at the weight in 2008. Regardless of where he ends up, there are a lot of great fights in the UFC for Gegard and he has proven to be an elite fighter.
• Check out White’s new vlog, which shows some behind-the-scenes footage from UFC 159.
• EA UFC was part of Microsoft’s big Xbox One unveiling show yesterday in the form of a teaser video. No gameplay footage is available yet but it’s hard not to like what we’ve seen so far. EA MMA was a decent first effort by the company, and if they can manage to build and improve upon that, the new UFC title could be something special.