twitter google

Michael Bisping Feeling Healthy Entering UFC 159

Michael Bisping scared many of his devoted followers when he mentioned a health issue earlier this year after his loss to Vitor Belfort.

However, “The Count” let it be known Monday that he is ready to go for Saturday night’s co-main event contest with Alan Belcher at UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen.

“Heath-wise, I am fantastic,” he said. “Fighters train hard, accumulate injuries over the years. Nothing is going to stop me from destroying Alan Belcher Saturday night.

“Nothing’s going to hinder my performance, nothing that’s going to help Alan Belcher.”

Bisping and Belcher have engaged in plenty of verbal warfare in the weeks leading up to the contest, and that continued Monday. They will finally settle things inside the Octagon in Newark, New Jersey this weekend.

“You are only as good as your last fight. A win (over Belcher) eradicates that last loss,” Bisping said. “A win over Alan Belcher puts me in the win column, gives me a win over a Top-10 opponent, and in the mix for a title shot.

“I will continue to work to get a title shot as long as my body can do it.”