twitter google

Urijah Faber Ready For A Break After Back-To-Back Fights

Urijah Faber became the first UFC fighter in 2013 to secure two wins, submitting Scott Jorgensen in the main event of The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale Saturday night.

Earlier this year, Faber got back to his winning ways by clamping a rear-naked choke on Ivan Menjivar. He used the same hold vs. Jorgensen, keeping his lofty UFC bantamweight ranking intact.

Now, after taking the fight on short notice after an injury derailed the scheduled main event, “The California Kid” told the FUEL TV post-fight show he is ready for a break.

“Yeah, I’d like to take a break,” Faber said. “Actually, coming into the fight, I had a hurt hand (from the Menjivar bout). It wasn’t anything real serious, so I basically wasn’t able to spar expect for one time that whole training camp.”

Faber credited his coaching staff with getting him “prepared in other different ways. We’re so lucky to have a great staff.”

While the ultimate goal is another shot at the UFC title, Faber didn’t let the moment get away without calling out FUEL TV analyst Dominick Cruz, the currently injured UFC bantamweight champion.

“I’m hoping Dominick can make a little miraculous recovery,” he said. “You need to dig deep there, Dom. You got to tape it up, get in the cage. I want to get Dominick, (interim UFC champion Renan) barao, and hopefully get the winner of those guys. I’m ready for whoever.”