The MMA version of the “circle of life” isn’t that different than the one depicted in the Disney film The Lion King, although in lieu of lions maturing into adults and reproducing while jealous siblings plot and scheme, there are instead UFC champions having children while old managers sling mud. Also, it would be extremely shocking to see UFC middleweight contenders Alan Belcher and Michael Bisping break out into song. Extremely shocking. Here’s your news:
• UFC light-heavyweight king and ruler of Pride Rock Jon Jones had a baby girl yesterday. No word yet on if he’s grooming her to lead the rest of the lions.
• It looks like Mirko CroCop’s former manager has been talking to the hyenas lately, conspiring to besmirch the old king’s good name. Here’s FightOpinion with the chatter from the watering hole. h
• Belcher and Bisping are scheduled to meet in the cage at UFC 159. Belcher’s message to the brash Brit? “Hakuna matata,” which in Swahili means “No worries, I’m going to beat your ass.”
• Michelle Waterson, a.k.a. “the Karate Hottie”, is one tough lioness.
• Oh, and Bellator and Eddie Alvarez have requested an extension to their lawsuit due to settlement talks.