twitter google

Jose Aldo-Anthony Pettis Fight Is On, Says Dana White

Well, it appears the planned August match between UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and Anthony Pettis is now back on, as UFC president Dana White confirmed during a fan chat Monday night that he just got done speaking with Aldo’s manager.

Over the weekend, White made it known that Aldo was refusing to accept the fight. “Scarface” told members of the Brazilian media that he didn’t feel Pettis deserved a shot ahead of some of the other featherweights in the UFC.

Pettis, a former WEC lightweight champion, sent White a text message after Aldo’s win over Frankie Edgar stating he would be willing to drop down to 145 pounds for a crack at the belt. “Showtime” waited to make the drop because his teammate – Erik Koch – was the No. 1 contender for two title matches last year.

Koch, though, was defeated in January and bumped down the list at featherweight.

No official date or location has been made for the Aldo-Pettis match. White also confirmed that the bout will be for Aldo’s UFC title.