twitter google

Jose Aldo Refusing To Accept Anthony Pettis Fight, Says Dana White

UFC president Dana White revealed some interesting information following Saturday’s UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche post-fight press conference concerning UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo.

White informed reporters that Aldo is currently refusing to accept a proposed match with Anthony Pettis, citing his belief that “Showtime” has not earned a shot at the 145-pound title.

Last month, Pettis was named the No. 1 contender at lightweight, but with the belt tied up for an April fight between Benson Henderson and Gilbert Melendez, the former WEC champion offered to face Aldo.

White stated that Aldo is going to fight Pettis, “or he isn’t going to like how this thing is going to turn out.” The UFC boss added that he said the fight is still happening, with a tentative date of August on tap.