twitter google

Nick Diaz Avoiding UFC Cameras As They Try To Film “Countdown” Program

Nick Diaz was the center of attention earlier this year during a kickoff press conference for his UFC welterweight title fight with Georges St-Pierre next month at UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz. However, that media-friendly, joke-making Diaz appears to have stayed in Montreal.

UFC president Dana White told reporters following UFC on FUEL TV: Barao vs. McDonald Saturday that they have been working to interview Diaz for the usual pre-fight hype show UFC Countdown, but the former Strikeforce champion has been M.I.A.

“We gotta get him to show up for the (expletive) interviews and then we can do it,” White said. “He’s missed three. We’ve got a crew rolling around Stockton not doing a thing.”

White added that the prospect of getting Diaz on the show would help sell the fight and the fighter himself, but he’s unsure if it will all come together at this point.

Diaz lost out on a previously title shot vs. GSP when he failed to show up for scheduled press conferences. He was suspended last year for a failed drug test.