It appears Anthony Pettis was truthful last week when he said he didn’t want to wait too long to compete again.
Despite being told he would receive the next shot at the UFC lightweight title after finishing Donald Cerrone, Pettis sent UFC president Dana White a message Saturday night in which he offered up his services at featherweight.
It appears Pettis is willing to cut down to 145 pounds to meet UFC champion Jose Aldo. Aldo defeated Frankie Edgar Saturday night in the main event of UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar.
The UFC lightweight title is currently locked up for an April match between Benson Henderson and Gilbert Melendez. After sitting on the sidelines for much of 2012, it appears as if “Showtime” doesn’t want to wait to fight again.
White said it’s something they will think about, but refused to make any matches during the post-fight press conference official.