Anderson Silva Not Sure Who He Faces Next

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva could have found out his next opponent Saturday night, so the Brazilian joined the scene at UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping.

Instead, Silva left the card without an opponent, as Vitor Belfort stunned Michael Bisping. It had been previously reported that Bisping would earn a title shot with a victory over Belfort.

“I don’t know,” said Silva, when asked who his next opponent would be. “I need to talk to Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta).”

The long-time champion also declined to confirm reports of a contract extension being signed to keep Silva in the UFC for the remainder of his career. Silva finished off 2012 with a non-title fight victory over Stephan Bonnar.

Silva said he will leave his career in the hands of “Lorenzo and Dana. I am here to fight.” Silva was hoping for a super-fight with Georges St-Pierre, but GSP will face Nick Diaz at UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz in March.

Recommended

Follow Fightline