twitter google

Junior Dos Santos Planning On Cain Velasquez Going For The Takedown

UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos doesn’t expect Cain Velasquez to forget about his wrestling this time around. The two heavyweights meet tonight in the main event of UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.

Back in 2011, Velasquez stood and traded with dos Santos. The end result was another stoppage victory for “Cigano,” and the first loss in the career of Velasquez.

“He’ll try to take me down right away and I’m very well prepared and have good takedown defense,” said dos Santos, during the Fuel TV weigh-in show Friday. “I’ll knock him out right away.”

Dos Santos wants nothing more than to finish Velasquez – much like he did against Frank Mir earlier this year. Despite saying earlier this week he believes the fight will go longer than the first, it appears the Brazilian has changed his mind.

“It’s going to be like Cain likes to go do the ground and the fight will end there,” dos Santos said. “If he gives me the chance, it’ll be quicker than last time.”

FightLine will have complete coverage of the entire event beginning tonight with the Facebook prelims at 6:30 p.m. ET.