UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos explained during a pre-fight press conference earlier this week that he had the best training came of his career. “Cigano” faces Cain Velasquez Saturday night at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
With an undefeated UFC record, and seven stoppage victories to his credit, the thought that dos Santos is still improving is likely a scary one to the rest of the division.
“I think I did the best camp I ever did (for this fight),” dos Santos said. “Everything was good for me. I am feeling stronger, faster, more experienced. I think I’m better now.”
Dos Santos finished Velasquez with a thunderous attack back in 2011, ending the first just 64 seconds after it started. He successfully toppled former UFC champion Frank Mir earlier this year, as well.
“I’m very well prepared,” dos Santos said. “Cain Velasquez is very well prepared. The heavyweight division is dangerous. I think this fight is going to be longer (than the first one).”