twitter google

Junior Dos Santos Ready For A Longer Fight With Cain Velasquez

It only took Junior dos Santos (15-1)a little over a minute to knock Cain Velasquez (10-1) to the mat with a right hand and win the UFC heavyweight championship. When the meet again next month at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II, Dos Santos believes that it will take a little longer to secure the victory.

“I really think I’m going to knock him out again,” said Dos Santos. “It’s going be longer. Maybe the second or third round, but I think I’m going to knock him out again.”

At the first UFC on FOX, Santos won the heavyweight champion in Velasquez’s first defense. Since then each fighter has gained a victory.

“I go to finish my fights,” said Dos Santos. “I’m a heavyweight and we finish our fights. This fight is going to prove I’m the baddest man on the planet.”

Dos Santos vs. Velasquez will main event UFC 155 on December 29 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV.