UFC Not Happy With How Bellator Handles Contracts

UFC president Dana White has kept quiet in regards to Bellator Fighting Championships until Saturday night. White expressed his anger towards the promotion for the way they handle contracts, especially those of released fighters.

“I don’t talk much about Bellator, but what they do is one of the dirtiest things you can do in the business,” said White, during an interview with reporters following the UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort post-fight press conference. “It’s dirty. It’s grimy. It’s just despicable. When you made the decision to cut him, you cut him. That’s one of the dirtiest things you can do in the fight business.”

White was referring to a clause Bellator puts in that allows them exclusive rights to match any off a fighter receives from another promotion when his deal expires. The clause nearly kept Roger Hollett from fighting for the UFC, and has caused Tyson Nam plenty of issues over the last month.

“It’s one of the dirtiest, low down despicable things you can do in the fight business,” White said. “I have no beef with those guys, they’re doing their own thing. I could care less. But that’ dirty.”

White also mentioned that he could see former UFC fighter Anthony Johnson back inside the Octagon down the road. Johnson has been competing on the regional circuit since falling to Vitor Belfort. “Rumble” had issues making welterweight in the UFC, but has since decided to compete at 205 pounds.

Follow Fightline