twitter google

Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal Talks Following His Release From Strikeforce

Hours after being released by UFC president Dana White from Strikeforce, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal gave Stephie “Crooklyn” Daniels an exclusive interview in which he talks about what went down on Tuesday.

Lawal was called in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission in regards to a positive test for a banned substance earlier this year. The NSAC put Lawal, a former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, in nine months suspension and fined him.

However, Lawal was more upset about the way he was treated, especially by NSAC commissioner Pat Lundvall, who asked Lawal if he could read or speak English. So, “King Mo” took to his Twitter site and released several verbal tirades towards Sundvall. White later cut Lawal from Strikeforce, but did not give an exact reason for the release.

Here is what Lawal told Daniels in regards to the decision to release him.

“It is what it is. Of course, I want to fight for Strikeforce and fight for Zuffa, but if they want to cut me for what I said, then I can’t take it back because it already happened. I have never been asked in such a condescending way if I could read or speak English like that. I did something wrong, so I can’t really say I’m being treated unfairly. I don’t know if it was excessive to cut me.”

“Zuffa made a decision just off what was said on Twitter. I don’t know if they care what happened. I’m pretty sure they didn’t hear any of the audio. They just made a decision off what went down on Twitter. I’m pretty sure Keith Kizer and certain people at the commission are mad and I didn’t mean any disrespect to Keith or the rest of the people in the commission. I just felt disrespected by that one person that asked if I could speak or read English. To me, that was a blatant insult.”

Lawal will have plenty of time to try and find a new promotion to compete for, as he is also working his way back from a Staph infection and still faces the nine-month suspension.