Junior Assuncao updated MMA fans on his future Monday, posting on his Twitter account that he had been cut by the UFC. Assuncao dropped his last fight, falling by decision to Ross Pearson at UFC 141. The loss snapped a seven-bout win streak for the 30-year-old Brazilian.
“I just got cut from the UFC!! Wow…apparently they did not like my last fight. Thanks (UFC) for the opportunity. To my fans, I’ll be back,” Assuncao posted. “Thanks for the support! I’m not in control of all this. My manager said it will be ok. Was in a good win streak before the last fight. Sorry guys.”
As Assuncao continued to post, he seemed to get more and more upset, adding, “The boss (likely Dana White) himself told me the fight (with Pearson) was good, got a performance (bonus), was in a good win streak before that last fight. I don’t understand..
Assuncao went on to say that he told his manager he would have taken an easier fight if he knew the possibility of being released was on the table, continuing by writing, “Can someone help me understand? Gotta suck it up and improve.”
The Brazilian carries an overall record of 13-5 with him, including a 9-3 mark in his last 12 fights. Seven of his wins have come by submission, while three of his five defeats have come via decision.