Alexis Vila and Eduardo Dantas advanced to the finals of the Bellator bantamweight tournament by earning split decisions Saturday night at Bellator 55.
Vila defeated Marcos Galvao in the main event, as judges scored the fight 27-30, 29-28 and 29-28. Dantas topped Ed West in the co-main event, 29-28, 28-29 and 30-27.
Vila (11-0) and Dantas (12-2) will likely meet November 26 at Bellator 59 to crown a season champion in the tournament. Zach Makovsky is the current 135-pound champion.
In other action, light heavyweight champion Christian M’Pumbu was defeated by Travis Wiuff in a non-title fight, becoming the first Bellator champion to drop a non-title contest while holding the belt. Wiuff claimed a decision on all three scorecards.
Main Card results
– Alexis Vila def. Marcos Galvao via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28) in bantamweight tournament semifinal
– Eduardo Dantas def. Ed West via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27) in bantamweight tournament semifinal
– Travis Wiuff def. Christian M’Pumbu via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
– Ricardo Tirloni def. Steve Gable via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:54 of round two
Preliminary Card results
– Efrain Escudero def. Cesar Avila via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:55 of round one
– Richard Hale def. Carlos Flores via KO (strikes), at :18 of round one
– Jacob Ortiz def. Edgar Garcia via KO (punch) at 4:)6 of round one
– Erin Beach def. Roscoe Jackson via submission (rear-naked choke), at 3:52 of round one
– Jade Porter def. Nick Piedmont via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
– Steve Steinbeiss def. Dano Moore via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:52 of round one