Chael Sonnen Awaits Anderson Silva’s Response

Last weekend at UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III, Chael Sonnen issued a challenge to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva after defeating Brian Stann. Sonnen called out “The Spider” for a rematch in February, even going as far as to say he would leave the organization if he fails to defeat Silva.

So far, a week has passed and Sonnen is still awaiting Silva’s response. Along with saying he would leave the UFC, Sonnen said Silva would have to change divisions if he is defeated.

“Anderson, you’ve got 24 hours to accept my offer. I suggest you take it, my next one won’t be quite so nice,” wrote Sonnen on his Twitter account early Saturday morning.

Silva has yet to make any public statements regarding the proposal, but he was in attendance in Houston at UFC 136. His manager, Ed Soares, has said that Sonnen doesn’t deserve a rematch, but would be willing to take it if proposed to them by the UFC.

Follow Fightline