twitter google

Dana White Confirms UFC 135 From Denver, Jones Vs. Rampage Likely To Headline

UFC Dana White confirmed today that the organization will return to Denver, CO, the site for UFC 1 and UFC 2, for UFC 135 in September. It is the first time that the UFC has ran Denver since UFC: Ultimate Ultimate 1995 back in 1995, although they have run smaller events in nearby Broomfield, CO.

White also stated that the main event for the card will likely be UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones defending his title against top contender Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, provided that Jones’ hand injury is cleared.

“Doctors have got to say his hand is OK, and he’s got to get in the gym and prove it,” White told

Jones was originally slated to defend his title against former training partner Rashad Evans, however the injury forced the champion to withdraw from the fight. Jones has since decided to not have surgery on the hand, and his representative, Malki Kawa, said that Jones is seeing a specialist tomorrow.

“His hand feels fine, so tomorrow it should be cleared,” said Kawa.

Jackson defeated a very game Matt Hamill UFC 130 last month, dominating “The Hammer” for the three rounds that their main event bout lasted. Jackson revealed after the fight that he came into the fight with a fractured hand that he injured last winter. Apparently, the hand injury isn’t serious enough to prevent him from fighting, as White stated that Jones is currently the hold-up.

While not officially announced by the organization, UFC 135 is expected to take place on September 24, 2011 from the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO.