This past Saturday’s Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva event drew 11,287 fans to New Jersey’s IZOD Center. The number was verified by The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board.
The event is Strikeforce’s second-highest attended show of the past 18 months and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker stated after the show that the promotion will return to the area in the near future.
Meanwhile, Fedor Emelianenko has been suspended indefinitely after his loss to Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva at the event. The following medical suspensions where issued, courtesy of MMAJunkie.com:
– Fedor Emelianenko: suspended indefinitely pending CT scan of head and facial bones. Also suspended 90 days for head strikes
– Andrei Arlovski: suspended 30 days for knockout
– Chad Griggs: suspended 30 days for hematoma on ear
– Gian Villante: suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
– Don Carlo-Clauss: suspended 30 days for laceration healing
– Anthony Leone: suspended indefinitely pending clearance by ear, nose and throat doctor for damage to nose; also suspended 90 days for healing.