MMAJunkie.com has released the list of medical suspensions handed down by the Nevada State Athletic Commission to the fighters who competed on Saturday night’s The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale fight card.
TUF 12 finalists Jonathan Brookins and Michael Johnson both received six month suspensions unless they are cleared by a doctor. Brookins must have his left foot X-rayed before he’s cleared, and if the foot is fractured, he must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor. Johnson must have the second finger on his left hand cleared.
The rest of the suspensions are as follows:
– Jonathan Brookins: Suspended until June 3, 2011 unless his left foot is cleared by doctor.
– Michael Johnson: Suspended until June 3, 2011 unless second finger on left hand cleared by doctor.
– Fredson Paixao: Suspended until Feb. 3 with no contact until Jan. 19 for precautionary reasons.
– Stephan Bonnar: Suspended until Dec. 26 with no contact until Dec. 19 for scalp laceration.
– Nam Phan: Suspended until Dec. 26 with no contact until Dec. 19 for scalp laceration.
– Leonard Garcia: Suspended until Dec. 26 with no contact until Dec. 19 for right temple laceration.