MMAMania.com has received the gate and attendance figures for Saturday night’s Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons II fight card directly from the California State Athletic Commission, who oversaw the evening’s proceedings.
The Strikeforce show attracted some 7,559 audience members (though the number who paid for their tickets or were awarded/given them remains currently unknown) for an overall live gate of $528,446.50.
Attendance was right about average for the promotion as the last several high-profile events held by the promotion have drawn in these attendance figures:
– Strikeforce: Houston – 8,635 spectators (August 21)
– Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum – 11,757 spectators (June 26)
– Strikeforce: Los Angeles – 5,259 spectators (June 16)
– Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery – 8,136 spectators (May 15)
– Strikeforce: Nashville – 8,196 spectators (April 17)
– Strikeforce: Miami – 7,010 spectators (January 30)
The gate of over $500,000 was a solid haul for Strikeforce; below are a list of sample gates from some of Strikeforce’s recent events, for reference.
–Strikeforce: Miami – $301,424
–Strikeforce: Los Angeles – $418,000
–Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum – $1,066,739
Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons II went down Saturday night at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California and featured welterweight champion Nick Diaz successfully defending his belt against former opponent KJ Noons.