Although the organization has yet to officially confirm much in regards to their highly anticipated April event, it was reported during Friday night’s “Strikeforce Challengers VI” show that fans can expect to hear a “big” announcement on Monday.
With the rumor mill swirling wilder than ever in regards to the San Jose-based firm’s potential moves, here’s a breakdown of what’s known thus far.
* – On Thursday, M-1 Global confirmed Fedor Emelianenko will not participate in Strikeforce’s April show, but still expects to face Fabricio Werdrum for the company in a yet-to-be-announced May extravaganza.
* – Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed the organization will indeed host an April 17th card in Nashville, Tennessee, not the 24th.
“We will be having a fight in Nashville on April 17, but the rest of the information we’ll be announcing next week,” Coker told MMAFighting.com Thursday. “April 24 Showtime is having a big boxing fight so I know we won’t be having a fight on the 24th.”
* – Sherdog.com reported on Friday that CBS will in fact broadcast the April card and that a middleweight title fight between champ Jake Shields and Dan Henderson will be the featured bout inside the Sommet Center in Nashville.
* – Multiple outlets are reporting that former Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker has been added to the April card as well.
* – Strikeforce will make a “big” announcement regarding their upcoming schedule today.
Strikeforce brass should be alerting the rest of the MMA world in regards to their plans shortly.