twitter google

Zuffa, LLC, Confirms 10% Sale Of UFC To Flash Entertainment of Abu Dhabi

Zuffa, LLC, the parent company of the UFC, has just announced that they have indeed sold a 10% minority stake in their company to Flash Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi’s government.

“Flash is an independent live events and entertainment organization based in the United Arab Emirates,” UFC president Dana White stated in an official release. “Its sole shareholder is the government of Abu Dhabi.

“We got to know these guys discussing an event in Abu Dhabi. This led to the investment conversation. After conducting in-depth due diligence, they saw the tremendous global potential of the UFC brand. The guys who run this company are young, hip, aggressive visionaries. They are big thinkers.”

Prior to closing the deal, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta owned 90 percent of Zuffa, while White controlled the remaining 10%. There is no word on how those figures changed after the transaction or what Flash’s direct involvement in the company would be.

Flash Entertainment chairman, Ossama Khoreibi, reiterated they intend to assist the world’s biggest MMA organization in their pursuit of world dominance.

“Since our very first meeting, we were impressed by Lorenzo, Frank and Dana’s commitment to growing the UFC as a global sport,” Khoreibi stated. “Flash is equally committed to building Abu Dhabi’s profile as an international entertainment destination, and this partnership provides further proof of our company’s bold ambitions.

“We look forward to an exciting future ahead, working closely with our UFC partners to activate this sport in the UAE, the region and across the world.”