twitter google

More On Karo Parisyan’s Withdrawal From UFC 106 Bout

As reported yesterday, UFC President Dana White stated that welterweight Karo Parisyan will never again fight in the UFC after his last minute withdrawal from his scheduled bout against Dustin Hazelett at UFC 106.

“Karo Parisyan has f***ed over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!!,” White vented on Twitter. “He will not be fighting Saturday or ever again in the UFC.”

This is the second time Parisyan has backed out of a scheduled bout on short notice. Parisyan had claimed a back injury prevented him from facing Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 88. This time, the fighter told told that he could not fight because he was unable to pay a $32,000 fine stemming from a prior athletic commission drug suspension, and therefore was not issued a Nevada fighter’s license.

Parisyan’s longtime friend and training partner Neil Melanson recently said in an inteview with that Parysan had some problems with an addiction to pain medicine due to an injury he sustained a few years ago. He stated that when he started having anxiety problems, that it didn’t seem like the anxiety pills were helping him and that only thing that was helping him was the pain medication that he had been taking for his injuries.

“Once he gets cleaned up and back on his feet, he’ll probably go out there and compete,” Melanson said. “If it’s not with the UFC it will be somewhere else. If Karo got clean and worked hard, he’d be back in the top five again.”

Parisyan was slated to take on Dustin Hazelett at UFC 106 this weekend inside the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. White later stated that Hazelett will be awarded his entire purse and win bonus, and that the preliminary bout between Paulo Thiago and Jacob Volkmann had been promoted to the main card.