* Takanori Gomi ended his two-fight losing streak Sunday, defeating Shooto welterweight champion Takashi Nakakura in a non-title fight at Shooto Final Tradition at the JCB Hall in Tokyo via KO in the second round. Here are quick results from the event:
– Megumi Fujii def. Chu Won Bun via submission (keylock) at 0:52 of Round 1
– Akio “Wicky” Nishiura def. Takumi Ota via unanimous decision
– Koutetsu Boku def. Yutaka Ueda via TKO (strikes) at 4:56 of Round 1
– Kenichiro Togashi def. Tetsuji Kato via split decision
– Mizuto Hirota def. Mitsuhiro Ishida via KO (strikes) at 1:33 of Round 1
– Willan “Chiquerinho” Chiquerim def. Yusuke Endo via submission (guillotine) at 5:00 of Round 1
– Takanori Gomi def. Takashi Nakakura via KO (strikes) – at 4:42 of Round 2
– Takeshi “Lion” Inoue def. Rumina Sato via TKO (strikes) – at 4:41 of Round 1
* A welterweight bout between Chris Lytle (26-17-5) and Kevin Burns (7-2) has been added to The Ultimate Fighter: U.S. vs. U.K. Season 9 Finale on June 20th. Lytle last fought at UFC 93, dropping a split-decision loss to Marcus Davis. Burns is also coming off of a loss, having suffered a third-round KO loss last December in his rematch with Anthony “Rumble” Johnson.
* A bantamweight bout between WEC newcomer Kyle Dietz (5-0) and Charlie Valencia (10-5) has been added to WEC 41: Brown vs. Faber II on June 7th. The card is headlined by WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown defending his title against former champion Urijah Faber.
* Day three of Matt Serra’s video blog is now up. You can view the video below, or in a larger format by clicking here.