Former WEC welterweight title contender Brock Larson (25-2) will be filling in for the injured Josh Koscheck to face Chris Wilson at UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida on May 23rd from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Koscheck had injured his foot while training for the fight with Wilson. UFC has confirmed that the fight will be on the preliminary card.
Larson is coming off of an impressive first round submission victory over Jesse Sanders at UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann on April 1st. He has won four of his last five fights, having last tasted defeat at the hands of Calos Condit at WEC 29 on August 5, 2007.
Chris Wilson is on an uneven streak as of late, with four of his last five fights going to a decision and losing two of those decisions. He last fought John Howard in one of two ‘Fight of the Nights’ at UFC 94: St-Pierre vs. Penn 2, losing via split decision.
Here is the updated card for UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida:
* Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida
* Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
* James Irvin vs. Drew McFedries
* Yushin Okami vs. Dan Miller
* Sean Sherk vs. Frankie Edgar
* Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson
* Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
* Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley
* Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao
* Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff
* George Roop vs. David Kaplan