The fight card for the UFC’s 100th event keeps growing. The UFC has previously promised that the July 11th card, to be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, would be one of its most stacked cards ever.
Most recently, a lightweight matchup featuring lightweights Mac Danzig and Jim Miller was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight.
This is a pivotal matchup for both Danzig and Miller, as they are both coming off losses. Both are looking to rebound in a match-up where the loser could very well end up out of lightweight contention, and the UFC, altogether.
Mac Danzig, winner of the sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, began his UFC career with consecutive wins over Tommy Speer and Mark Bocek. His momentum has been derailed however as he has lost back-to-back fights against Clay Guida and Josh Neer. A third loss in the promotion could make Danzig the first TUF winner to earn the distinction of being expelled from the UFC.
Jim Miller has gone 2-1 since joining the UFC and is 13-2 overall but is also rebounding from a loss by decision to the highly-touted Gray Maynard. Miller’s other loss was to fellow NJ native and another impressive wrestler Franky Edgar in 2006. Jim hopes to carry on the momentum built by his brother Dan’s win over Jake Rosholt at UFC Fight Night 17.
Expected Match-Ups for UFC 100 below:
* Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
* Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
* Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
* Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar
* Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
* Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher
* Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jonathan Goulet
* Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
* Jon Jones vs. Jake O’Brien
* CB Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
* Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty