Here are some notes from yesterday’s Strikeforce Media Conference:
– A fight is in works between Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson and former EliteXC lightweight champion K.J Noons. If this does happen, it would be Thomson’s first title defense.
– Phil Baroni says he’ll be fighting at a Strikeforce event in May. Baroni has won three straight fights since he dropped to welterweight from middleweight.
– Strikeforce has declined to acquire the contracts of Antonion Silva and Murilo “Ninja” Rua.
– Gilbert Melendez is rumored to be fighting Mitsuhiro Ishida at the April 11th show. Gilbert had suffered the first loss of his career to Ishida.
– It was announced that the Nick Diaz – Frank Shamrock fight will be fought at a catchweight of 179 lbs.