twitter google

Matt Hughes Bored By Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch

Matt Hughes made the following post regarding UFC 87 on his personal blog:

Audra and I went up to the UFC in Minneapolis with two other couples: my father-in-law and his wife, Barbara, was one couple; the other couple was Jeff and Tisha. My father-in-law and Barbara have been to many UFCs, but this was the first for Jeff and Tisha. To be honest, I get extremely bored at these UFCs but it was kind of fun having Jeff and Tisha there as I helped them get pictures. Tisha got a picture with Rampage and Dana White. Jeff got his picture with the ringcard girls and Wanderlei. In front of me was Dana White and Lorenzo and some other guys that work for the UFC. They sit right in front of the octagon and they have several TVs in front of them that show exactly what is on Pay Per View. So a couple of times, I got to see Jeff and Tisha’s face on PPV and they also got some texts from their kids saying that they saw them on TV. So that was kind of fun, I went there really to watch one fight, probably not the one you’re expecting. I went there to watch Brock Lesnar. He is so interesting because he is so athletic as well as being so powerful. So that fight went just like I thought it would, Brock took him down whenever he wanted and on the ground he did whatever he wanted. I was also there watching my buddy, Roger, but he didn’t quite look the same. I don’t think him or Kenny fought their best fight on Saturday. Roger looked to have done a few things different and I would say that he needs to go back to what he was doing before.

The last fight of the night was Georges and Fitch. Georges didn’t look as big as he has before and he seemed like he had gotten tired from the first round. Fitch had the game plan of countering Georges and you just can’t do that. You can’t counter a quicker fighter. To be honest, halfway in the third round I got up and walked out of the arena and went to my hotel. The fight wasn’t the most exciting and I wanted to get out of there before everyone else was getting up to leave.

So then Sunday morning I got up and we drove our ten hours back to Hillsboro.

We’re still working on the choke video and that will be up as soon as we get it the way we like it. We also have the video of Mark’s tractor pull from Saturday afternoon (which should be directly below this blog entry) if you’re interested in watching that. -matt