Dave Meltzer of the wrestling observer is reporting that Dana White’s big announcement has been pushed back from this Thursday to next Tuesday.
No reason was given for the delay, but the way this thing has drawn out the UFC had better deliver something substantial.
Rumors behind the substance of the announcement are swirling around the internet and include the following:
1. An MMA fight deal between the UFC and recently retired boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Vince McMahon and Dana White will be buying the UFC from the Fertitta brothers with White running the day to day operation and McMahon financing the deal.
3. The UFC will sign a major network deal.
4. MMA will finally be sanctioned in New York.
5. Anderson Silva will be moving up to light heavyweight.
6. The UFC is going international and will unveil plans to hold events around the globe.
7. The UFC is going public.