twitter google

UCF LHW Champion Dragged To Death Behind The Back Of A Truck

UCF light heavyweight champion, Jerid S. Sturman-Camyn, died this past Saturday after being dragged to death behind the back of a truck.

According to witnesses, Sturman-Camyn became violent and out of control at a northeastern Washington hunting camp late that night. He allegedly began wielding an axe before having a noose fixed around his neck and being dragged by a truck for nearly 13 miles. The body was dismembered during the dragging according to the Spokesman-Review.

Apparently, according to witnesses, Camyn and his father, who were camping with a group of friends, began wrestling, playfully at first, but the confrontation quickly intensified and became more serious as Sturman-Camyn began to become confrontational towards the group.

Sturman-Camyn, who was allegedly heavily drunk, became even more confrontational, according to witnesses, when Wendell Sinn, a man invited to the camp site with his son, fired a rifle in an effort to calm the situation.

“We’ll drag you out of here,” Sinn allegedly told Sturman-Camyn.

Sturman-Camyn reportedly responded: “I’ll take that rope and choke you with it.”

According to authorities, Wendell Sinn, who has since been charged with second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter, slipped the noose around Sturman-Camyn’s neck when Sturman-Camyn became distracted by members of his camp moving toward their ATV’s.

Justin Sinn, Wendell’s son, then drove out of the camp in his truck with Sturman-Camyn attached to the back by a rope and a noose. Sinn eventually stopped and called 911, but not before he had dragged Jerid Sturman-Camyn nearly 13 miles. Sinn allegedly reported to 911 that he had been chased by someone with an ax and maintains that he had no knowledge that he was dragging Sturman-Camyn.

Relatives of Jerid Sturman-Camyn issued a statement Tuesday saying that they hope justice will be served.

“No one deserves what happened to Jerid,” the statement said. “And we expect justice for the inhumane treatment that he had to endure.”

An autopsy Monday revealed that the cause of death was strangulation and trauma caused by being dragged at high speeds through rough terrain.

Wendell Sinn’s lawyer maintains that all the facts aren’t out yet and that his client acted in self defense and came to the defense of others.

“There is a logical explanation of self-defense and defense of others in this case,” his attorney stated.

20-year-old Sturman-Camyn was attending Eastern Washington University in Cheney. He had also been training at the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu club of Spokane for about eight months and had competed in mma competitions, recently winning the UCF light heavyweight title.

He was also a part of the football and wrestling teams at Klahowya Secondary School in Silverdale, Washingtion. He finished second in the Class AA high school state wrestling tournament in the 189-pound weight class as a senior in 2005.