The 44 year old UFC Heavyweight Champion, Randy Couture, continued to defy the odds and notch up his second victory of 2007 by successfully defending his title against Gabriel Gonzaga, a man 16 years his junior.
In front of a sold out crowd at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, Couture stopped Gonzaga in the third round. It was Couture’s second victory of 2007 after a year long retirement, the first being his five round shutout of Tim Sylvia in March to win his third heavyweight title.
Below are quick results from last night’s UFC 74: Respect event from Las Vegas.
Fights that took place before the show
– Clay Guida def. Marcus Aurelio via Split Decision
– Thales Leities def. Ryan Jensen via Submission (armbar) in Round 1
– Frank Mir def. Antoni Hardonk via Submission (kimura) in Round 1
– Renato “Babalu” Sobral def. David Heath via Submission (choke) in Round 2
Fights that took place on the PPV:
– Patrick Cote def. Kendall Grove via TKO (strikes) in Round 1
– Joe Stevenson def. Kurt Pellegrino via Unanimous Decision
– Roger Huerta def. Alberto Crane via TKO (strikes) in Round 3
– Georges St. Pierre def. Josh Koscheck via Unanimous Decision
– Randy Couture def. Gabriel Gonzaga via TKO (strikes) in Round 3 to retain his UFC Heavyweight title